Warfields Pond Park
14523 MacClintock Drive, Glenwood, MD 21738
- Size: 19.85 acres including a
3.8 acre pond.
- Habitat: Spring-fed pond with
cattails, maturing mixed deciduous trees; brushy/weedy margins;
some mown strips; seepage area in trees below dam; fallow field
- Best Months: Spring, fall, and
early winter. Least useful when the pond is frozen.
- Coverage Time: Less than
one-half hour to one hour.
- Trails/Paths: Wide paved path
around the pond. Total path system 1.3 miles including .07 miles
of boardwalk; loop around pond is .65 miles.
- Notable Birds: Cackling Goose,
Gadwall, Blue-winged Teal, Redhead, Greater Scaup, Long-tailed
Duck, Ring-necked Pheasant, Horned Grebe, American Bittern,
Little Blue Heron, Black-crowned Night-Heron, Common Moorhen,
American Woodcock, Northern Saw-whet Owl, Red-breasted Nuthatch,
Winter Wren, Marsh Wren, American Pipit, Blue-winged Warbler,
American Tree Sparrow, White-crowned Sparrow, Common
- Amenities: Tot lot; picnic
pavilion; tennis, volleyball, and basketball courts.
- Handicapped Access: Wide paved
path with gentle grades.
- Operation and Hours: Howard
County park; dawn to dusk (or as posted).
- Special Attractions: Pond and
- Howard County Recreation and Parks information
Compiler: Bill Hill